Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Market Day


For the first time I went to the farmers Market today. I did not take a picture at the market.

A big market with a lot of food kiosks. Was really amazed that I had not discovered the market before during my last stay here. But there is always time for everything.

Everything looked soooo fresh I just wanted to buy and buy. Bought lots of vegetables and also fish.
The storm came and in few minutes that I was there rained cats and dogs, I got all my clothes wet but never mind, this is not a problem. During my growing up on the slopes of Mt Kenya, we never had umbrellas and life never stopped.

During the rainny season sometimes it was the peak of harvesting coffee and we had to go on, we worked under the rains to save the coffee only the shameful part is that the pay was too bad even after working under the rains could not be enough to pay school fees. In the slopes we have open air markets (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) were Market days. We sold the vegetables and other products from the gardens mostly cereals.

So today I did not rush under the rains it was like bringing my memories from the slopes back.
Thats all for today, check the recipes blog for what I will prepare with all these vegetables and fruit that I bought!
See you there, I hope you join me tomorrow on my journey to the slopes.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=1a5621a63b72ea00312eedd42ebe4932