Friday, October 5, 2007

The girl from the slopes


To see where my village lies click here This is the best google maps could give us, have patience and soon maybe we will get better pictures from here. Its elevation is 5199m. My home is on around 1800m. So every time we go to some new place and try to check the height, nothing gets to my village height.

So, you might ask how did a girl from here get to Bangkok or Italy in the first place. I will tell you about that in the near future.

But today after 1 month in Bangkok, I visited my Kenyan embassy here. I felt like being back home. It was nice to see other Kenyans. Thanks to the Kenyan embassy staff you made me feel at home.
Its time to close and we catch up tomorrow when I will start a long post on how I left the slopes and why.

Remember the girl from the slopes has other blogs that you might like especially if you are looking for a recipe I have got wonderful recipes for you to try, anyway the girl from the slopes can now cook why not you. Over here you find my recipes

And if you are looking for a small gift for friends and family then the girl from the slopes has come up with this

Ehi! Going to watch Harry Potter tonight! Who knows if all those people I know in the village knows what is Harry Potter?

Greetings from the slopes girl, leave a comment if you like reading my posts

1 comment:

NPMSRP said...

Hope you'll post up some good Thai recipes! Looks like a lot of fun, while I've traveled all over North America I haven't been off the continent, so I'm envious!

Keep enjoying yourselves, and good to hear from you!

ss_blog_claim=1a5621a63b72ea00312eedd42ebe4932