Sunday, November 11, 2007

Desert walk in search of the past?




I'm still taking you back to my recent trip to Egypt. Under the desert sun and my 4 year old never said I'm tired Mom. Reason? Because he was in search of Cleopatra! Strange but true. We prepared him a little before going there.
The miracle of a wonderful trip (vacation) in Egypt was from Scooby Doo! He had watched several times and he had felt himself in the shoes of Velma. It worked, his curiosity was high throughout the vacation.

The nice thing is thinking back when I grew up in the slopes of Mt. Kenya who could tell 1 day I will be sitting here infront of my computer sharing with you all these travels that we have done.
A vacation in Egypt is something you should not miss if you have the possibility. We stayed in the island

Places to see
Old (Coptic) Cairo

The Citadel of Cairo

Egyptian Museum

Cairo Tower - enjoy a panoramic view

Pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara


To stay I advice you to stay in a more quit Zamalek area.Zamalek is an island in the nile between downtown Cairo and Giza.
If you want more information on this just email me and will be happy to email back if you are a budget travellor.
Watch out soon for more photo's of our stay here.

3 comments:

Keith Pow-Williams said...

Fascinating blog!

Ms. Scorpia said...

Wow! I love your blog, so inspiring. I wish the opportunity would come my way to travel!

SoakingNKnowledge said...

awesome, I look forward to the day that I step foot on African soil. Its time I get a passport :) Your blog is inspiring :)

Best Wishes Always,
Marenda
Change Your Thinking to Change Your Life

ss_blog_claim=1a5621a63b72ea00312eedd42ebe4932